Invest In Live Theatre —
Be a part of the Intrepid Theatre family.
Fringe Digital Lottery Results
The following companies have been drawn for the Fringe Digital Lottery 2021:
- Little Black Book Productions, Cameryn Moore / Berlin, Germany
- Naked Empire Bouffon Company, Sabrina Wenske / Oakland USA
- Yokohama Theatre Group, Andrew Woolner / Japan
- Scantily Glad Theatre, S.E. Grummet / Saskatoon, CANADA
- Brendan McLeod, Toronto, CANADA
- Hyperloop Theatre, Fredericton, CANADA
WAITLIST – Canada
- Doctor Keir Co, Keir Cutler / Montreal CANADA
- Ta Marbuta: All Things Theatre, Chelsey Fawcett / Gatineau CANADA
- Theatre Praxis, Tim Bourgard / London CANADA
WAITLIST – International
- Randy Ross, Somerville USA
- Donna Kay Yarborough, Clackamas USA
- Convection Productions, Laura Harris, Vancouver USA
- DEKH NACRE, Ramith Ramesh, Angamaly, India
Fringe Digital Lottery
Victoria Fringe is accepting applications for its Digital Lottery to coincide with in-person local shows for the festival which runs Aug 13 – Sep 24 (click here for details on Fringe 2021). The pandemic has made touring a challenge for many artists and the Fringe Digital Lottery is a temporary initiative that provides a platform for touring artists outside of BC to participate in the Victoria Fringe for 2021. The lottery will draw the following:
>3 International slots
>3 National slots (excluding BC)
This lottery is accepting applications from artists with pre-filmed performances of up to 60 minutes which will be available virtually to view on demand for a one week period during the 2021 Victoria Fringe (August – Sep). Participating artists will need to submit a video file by July 12 that meets the following specifications:
- Be up to 60 min in length
- Meet basic visual/audio technical standards
- Adhere to Victoria Fringe accessibility standards, providing open or closed captions, or a transcript
It is free to apply for the digital lottery.
The participation fee if your company is drawn is $150 CAD. We recognise the barriers that equity seeking artists face and artists who are drawn for a Digital Lottery spot who identify as equity seeking will receive a bursary for 100% of their fee. The participant fee is non refundable.
Will be accepted as of June 22.
Application deadline June 29 (end of day).
Digital Lottery: June 30.
Fringe After Dark Applications
As part of the Victoria Fringe, we are presenting curated low-tech livestreams with no audience, broadcast on Facebook Live from pop-up locations around the city. We have a COVID-19 safety plan and we will work with you to ensure that your performance adheres to this. There will be a very short tech rehearsal before the livestream. There are two performance slots available in August and two in September.
This is an open call for local artists to apply to this curated live stream series. We are looking for 1 person sets that are between 20 and 30 minutes in length, and have simple technical requirements. We will provide a technician, simple sound requirements, and the streaming platform and low-tech gear. Live or acoustic music works best for vocal or instrumentation, and performances that can be tightly framed for the livestream (ie: not full stage or moving, a stationary shot works best). You can see past examples on Intrepid Theatre’s Facebook from OUTstages and UNO After Dark.
We want to hear from diverse local artists from all performance disciplines (dance, theatre, music, performance art, opera, spoken word).
Applications are due end of day Tuesday, June 29.
If you have any questions regarding Fringe 2021 Applications, contact Sammie Gough, Fringe Producer (mailto:email@example.com / 250 383 2663).