What YOU need to know
This curated program was created with local emerging artists in mind who lack the funds, experience or opportunity to present their new works to the public. We give YOU the theatre for two days and YOU present a new work – everything from play-readings to applied theatre to improv to dance to experimental performance art – there are no limits! This is a breeding ground for new work, allowing local artists the opportunity to create and the chance to test-drive a new piece in front of an audience. This program provides an outlet that is low risk, low financial investment and high reward.
Since its inception in 2010, the YOU Show Series has launched nearly 70 brand new works from local artists, many of which have gone on to be presented at theatre festivals across the country. The program aims to showcase a diverse range of performance disciplines and artists from diverse backgrounds.
All accepted YOU Show producers must be an existing Intrepid Theatre Company Society member, or become one upon successful application to the program.
What YOU get
– the Intrepid Theatre Club free of charge for two days – use of all in-house lights, sound, seating (you supply your own technician and box office)
– use of lobby and concession area (The Club is not licensed but you can obtain a liquor license and serve alcohol if you like)
– promotional support and artistic mentorship if needed
– if you want to do extra shows, or need added rehearsal or tech time, we can book this outside of your YOU Show contract. You will have access to free daytime weekday rehearsal space (subject to availability) and if you need additional evening time, you can book this at non-profit rates.
– advice and support in creating a press release and other promotional materials
– a media list for you to circulate your press release to and do follow up with
– promotion on our social media channels
– inclusion on our website and in monthly-ish e-news
– you must supply Intrepid Theatre with an image and show description 8 weeks before your show
– you can set up your tickets however you wish, advance ticketing or at-door and can use your choice of site/service (we suggest Ticket Rocket)
– we suggest a ticket price of $10 or by donation
– you will need to provide a volunteer and supplies for your onsite box office at your show
– we will provide a cash box, you supply your own float(s)
– you receive 100% of box office ($10/ticket or admission by donation)
– the producer (and main contact) must be an existing member of Intrepid Theatre Company Society, or become one upon successful application. We hand over the keys to the theatre to you and this $25 year-long membership (tax deductible) shows your investment to Intrepid Theatre (and makes us feel better).