Invest In Live Theatre —
Be a part of the Intrepid Theatre family.
Fringe Spotlight Series 2022￼
Intrepid Theatre is accepting applications from equity seeking artists for a new program of works-in-development for the Victoria Fringe 2022 (August 24 – September 4). The series will showcase original new plays to support local playwrights and creators from the Victoria (CRD) area in the form of readings or work in development showings. We recognise the barriers that equity seeking artists face in the arts and this program is a step to address gaps in demographics on Fringe stages. There are two spots that will be selected by lottery in 2022.
Applications are now closed. Deadline for applications: June 1, 2022 (noon)
The series is for:
- Readings, staged readings or devised work-in-progress showings between 30-60 mins in length (no fully staged productions, this is for in development or in progress works)
- Equity seeking playwrights, creators or artists who reside in the CRD region. This includes artists who self-identify as Indigenous, Black, person of colour, queer, trans, non-binary, Two Spirit, living with a disability, D/deaf or H/hard of hearing, blind or low vision, cultural or religious minority.
The Fringe provides:
- 1 performance date in a small scale venue (~50 seats) during Fringe 2022
- Rehearsal space, not in performance venue (6 hours)
- 1 hour technical rehearsal on show day (with professional technician)
- Program Mentorship
- 100% of the box office (tickets by donation)
- Box office and audience service, including ticketing and Front of House Manager
- Blanket promotion as part of the Fringe Spotlight Series and a show listing
The Artist provides:
- A public reading or showing that is 30-60mins in length for Fringe 2022. You/your company is responsible for all aspects – casting, rehearsals, direction, promotion, budgeting.
- All fees and expenses related to production of your production, including but not limited to cast, crew, production, rehearsal, liability, licenses, permits, all applicable taxes and fees.
- Providing proof that all company members adhere to Intrepid Theatre’s Vaccination Policy which requires all artists to show vaccine passport and ID.
There is no fee for application or for participation for those artists that are drawn.