Dressing for CancerHB Production
Cancer is a b*tch…but you can still have fun kicking its ass! This inspiring, true story of a local woman, shows the humour in fighting the big “C”. From diagnosis to dealing with it, this play reveals that laughter, rhinestones, and chemotherapy can be a life saving combination. A portion of the profits will support Look Good, Feel Better; a charity which supports women dealing with breast cancer.
This venue is NOT wheelchair accessible.
About the artist/company
Dressing for Cancer is a truly home grown production, inspired by a Victoria woman’s story, written by a local playwright, and performed by actors with an extensive history in Victoria’s theatre community.
The five person cast is comprised of actors with extremely diverse performance backgrounds. Collectively, Kelly Vanderswan, Jo Barnes, Tenyjah Mckenna, Jon Hunwick, and Steve Eastman bring years of experience of being on stage, in movies, and in musical theatre.
This is playwright/director Mitch Barnes’ first Fringe Festival productions although he has both written and performed in many productions over the years in the Victoria area.
Director/playwright: Mitch Barnes
Stage Manager: Andrea Black
Props/Costumes: Karen Coverett
Cast: Kelly Vanderswan, Jo Barnes, Jon Hunwick, Steve Eastman, Tenyjah Mckenna
Important Fringe Information:
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 50% of tickets are available at the door one hour prior to show time
- Advance tickets sales end 3 hours before showtime
- All advance tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge, this charge helps support the festival
- There are no Fringe service charges for at door tickets
- No refunds. No exchanges. No latecomers. All shows start on time.
Langham Court Theatre (Fringe Venue 5)
805 Langham Court,
Victoria, BC V8V 4J3
Phone: (250) 383-2663