Eth(n)ically AmbiguousDanica Charlie
A story of an indigenous girl grappling with her identity. She jumps through hoops in a circus world of colonialism, racism, and a little bit of tokenism — but hey, what’s new? danicacharlie.com
A new play reading/showing as part of the Fringe Spotlight Series.
- Relaxed Elements: no sound or lighting effects and audiences are free to come and go as they feel comfortable.
About the artist/company
Danica Charlie (she/they) is a mixed Nuu-chah-nulth/settler & queer actor, and 2021 graduate from CCPA. They are a 2022-2023 participant of Intrepid Theatre’s Indigenous Artist Program, Native Earth Performing Arts’ Animikiig Creators Unit, and Puente Theatre’s WORKPLAY Residency. Danica also works collaboratively with all-queer collective Extended Space Theatre. Recent acting credits include: Miskozi in White Girls in Moccasins (the frank theatre), Mary Jane in The Incredible Adventures of Mary Jane Mosquito (Kaleidoscope Theatre), and Imogen in Cymbeline (GVSF). She’ll be on stage again in the fall in the Axis Theatre tour as Sasq’ets in Th’owxiya: The Hungry Feast Dish.
Yolanda Bonnell – Playwriting Mentor
Danica Charlie – Ada
Sian Spiller-Tisserand – Jo
Ella Daly – Stage Directions
Discussion of Colonial Violence.
Important Fringe Information:
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 100% of tickets are available in advance, no tickets sold at door
- All tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge and passes have a $3 Fringe service charge, this supports the festival
- No refunds. No exchanges. If you are unwell contact the box office (email@example.com)
- All shows start on time. Depending on the show, latecomers may not be seated
- Masks are recommended
SKAM Satellite Studio (Fringe Venue 5)
849 Fort St,
Phone: (250) 383-2663