Ingenue: Deanna Durbin, Judy Garland and the Golden Age of HollywoodMelanie Gall Presents
Judy Garland is an icon, loved in The Wizard of Oz. But in the 1930s, Deanna Durbin was a much bigger star. Ingenue tells the true tale of the lifelong friendship – and rivalry – of these two Hollywood idols. “An unforgettable delight” – CBC; “Gall has whipped up a fizzy mix of history, personality and musicality in this charming show!” – ORLANDO SENTINEL melaniegall.com
This venue is wheelchair accessible.
About the artist/company
Melanie Gall is an internationally-acclaimed vocalist. She has performed in Africa, South America, Asia and the Caribbean. She has sung Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall, and recently performed a Vera Lynn concert for the Jazz series at Royal Albert Hall.
Melanie has written and internationally toured several award-winning solo shows. These include: ‘Piaf and Brel: The Impossible Concert’ about French chanteuse Edith Piaf, ‘Opera Mouse’, a children’s introduction to opera, ‘Red Hot Mama: A Sophie Tucker Cabaret’, and two shows: ‘More Power to Your Knitting, Nell!’ and ‘A Stitch in Time’, featuring ‘lost’ knitting music from WWI and WWII.
Melanie Gall (writer/performer)
Voiceover talents: Shelby Bond, Chris Hart, Bridget Hart, Karen Gall
Musicians (recorded music): Bennett Paster, Jim Whitney
Important Fringe Information:
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 50% of tickets are available at the door one hour prior to show time
- Advance tickets sales end 3 hours before showtime
- All advance tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge, this charge helps support the festival
- There are no Fringe service charges for at door tickets
- No refunds. No exchanges. No latecomers. All shows start on time.
The Roxy Theatre (Fringe Venue 6)
2657 Quadra Street,
Victoria, BC V8T 4E3
Phone: (250) 383-2663