Through My LensMackenzie Langdon/Tyrus Williams-Penney
Through My Lens is a one act musical that follows Aly, a transfemme photographer, negotiating their post graduation life. Aly grapples with her first chance to show the world her work while maintaining the important relationships in her life.
A new play reading/showing as part of the Fringe Spotlight Series.
- Relaxed Elements: no sound or lighting effects and audiences are free to come and go as they feel comfortable.
About the artist/company
Mackenzie Langdon (she/her) and Tyrus Williams-Penney (They/She) are a writing duo and are both alumni from the Canadian College of Performing Arts. Both artists presented original pieces at the TD Festival of New Works 2021. Tyrus’ was a 10 minute play exploring housing insecurity and income inequality, and Mackenzie’s piece was an absurd historical musical comedy. They are writing the original musical ‘Through My Lens’ to explore and combine their different writing styles and approaches to art.
Tyrus Williams-Penney – Aly, Co-Creator
Mackenzie Langdon – Isabella, Co-Creator
August Elzinga – Ridley
Mentions of drug use, mentions of transphobia.
Important Fringe Information:
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 100% of tickets are available in advance, no tickets sold at door
- All tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge and passes have a $3 Fringe service charge, this supports the festival
- No refunds. No exchanges. If you are unwell contact the box office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All shows start on time. Depending on the show, latecomers may not be seated.
- Masks are recommended
SKAM Satellite Studio (Fringe Venue 5)
849 Fort St,
Phone: (250) 383-2663