A movement adaptation of Sophocles’ classic, Antigone, in this piece, we turn to the other senses when words are not enough to express our truth. Our focus is on the experience of being Antigone; her truth and emotional journey as she defies the king to honour her fallen brother, knowing it may cost her life.
This venue is wheelchair accessible.
About the artist/company
Focused on (re)claiming classical and canonized work with a contemporary eye, we approach Antigone from a feminist perspective, honouring her emotional journey and defiance through movement.
Created through an intensively collaborative process by:
Luciana Silvestre Fernandes – director
Olivia Wheeler- sound designer and assistant director
Logan Swain- co-sound designer (original production)
Aubrey McNair- light designer
Leah Anthony- stage manager
Hailey Jen Fowler- performer
Taryn Roo Yoneda- performer
Shayla Pready- performer
Megan Wong- performer
Important Fringe Information:
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 50% of tickets are available at the door one hour prior to show time
- Advance tickets sales end 3 hours before showtime
- All advance tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge, this charge helps support the festival
- There are no Fringe service charges for at door tickets
- No refunds. No exchanges. No latecomers. All shows start on time.
Metro Studio Theatre (Fringe Venue 3)
1411 Quadra Street,
Victoria, BC V8W2J5
Phone: (250) 383-2663