Destiny, USAConvection Productions
Creator of hit fringe show, Pitch Blonde! When Laura moves from Toronto to Syracuse, New York, she wasn’t expecting to be residing in Trump’s America. Gaining her first job as a Relay operator for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, causes her to question if she can discover the hidden humanity of the American people. lauraanneharris.com
This venue is wheelchair accessible. American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting is provided on Thu Aug 29, 8pm. All shows combine surtitles and ASL video and live storytelling.
About the artist/company
Laura Anne Harris is a performer/playwright/director who is a current Creative Writing MFA Candidate at the University of British Columbia. Her first solo show Pitch Blonde toured for more than 10 years and most recently held a production at the Ware Centre in Lancaster, PA and the Toronto Centre for the Arts in Toronto, ON. Currently, Laura is touring her newest solo show Destiny, USA to Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, Victoria, and Vancouver Fringes in the summer of 2019.
15 Artists to Watch For at the Toronto Fringe 2019, NOW Toronto
Featuring three Deaf actors via video projection: Tamyka Bullen, Natasha Bacchus, and Sage Lovell.
Sound Designer: Alex Eddington
Projection Designer: Matthew Koutzun
Note – on the event description of this show in the Fringe guide, the evening Sat Aug 21 performance at 10:30pm is incorrectly advertised as AM.
Important Fringe Information:
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 50% of tickets are available at the door one hour prior to show time
- Advance tickets sales end 3 hours before showtime
- All advance tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge, this charge helps support the festival
- There are no Fringe service charges for at door tickets
- No refunds. No exchanges. No latecomers. All shows start on time.
VCM Wood Hall (Fringe Venue 4)
907 Pandora Avenue,
Victoria, BC V8V 3N4
Phone: (250) 383-2663