Dissection of a … Mixed Heritage WomanNyla Carpentier
Dissection of a
Indian Aboriginal First Nation Indigenous Native Status Full-Blood Non-Status Halfbreed Métis Rez Urban Mixed Heritage Woman
Which part belongs to who? Told through family and personal stories, poetry, dance and a bit of song. One woman tries to find out who she is and where her mixed heritage is pulling her. Unraveling and weaving together her experiences to figure out how to fit within society and not set it on fire.
This venue is wheelchair accessible. American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting is provided on Sat Aug 24 at 6pm.
About the artist/company
Nyla Carpentier (Tahltan, Kaska, French, Scottish) is a multifaceted performing artist currently residing in Vancouver. She is an actor, writer, powwow dancer and workshop facilitator. Acting credits include: Raven meets the Monkey King (Axis Theatre), The Boy who was Abandoned, Battle of the Birds (Savage Society), The Flats/Les Flats (Prairie Theatre Exchange and Theatre Cercle Moliere), The Berlin Blues and Ipperwash (the Blyth Theatre Festival), Busted Up: A Yukon Story (Openpit Theatre) and God’s Lake (Castlereigh Production).
Writer/creator/actor: Nyla Carpentier
Director: Phay Moores
Dramaturgy: Wren Brian
Stage Manager: Nico Dicecco
Costume: Nyla Carpentier
Set design: Nyla Carpentier
Important Fringe Information:
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 50% of tickets are available at the door one hour prior to show time
- Advance tickets sales end 3 hours before showtime
- All advance tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge, this charge helps support the festival
- There are no Fringe service charges for at door tickets
- No refunds. No exchanges. No latecomers. All shows start on time.
Downtown Community Centre (Fringe Venue 2)
Victoria, BC V8W 1N9
Phone: (250) 383-2663