The Big WailJayne Walling
Bertha, a bottom-feeding fish, from the bottom of the food chain and the bottom of the seafloor, is a cleaner. She cleans everything she sees. When something un-cleanable arrives in her sea garden, it’s up to Bertha to get to the bottom of it. www.jaynewalling.com
Sensory warnings: Some audience participation
For more accessibility information see the Accessibility at the Fringe page on our website.
About the artist/company
Jayne is a multi-disciplinary artist who recently returned to Vancouver Island after spending over a decade creating theatre in Paris. She trained in clown at École Philippe Gaulier, where she also co-founded Dark Matter Theatre (Paris-London) and Compagnie des Wanderers (Paris-Berlin-Buenos Aires). Since returning to Canada, she has worked with Impulse Theatre, SNAFU, Puente Theatre and is part of the New Incubator Project at the Belfry Theatre with her solo show “Nana”. Jayne specializes in creating larger than life characters, putting female narratives at the centre, and walking the delicate line between tragedy and comedy.
- You must have a Fringe Button to see this show
- 100% of tickets are available in advance, no tickets sold at door
- All tickets have a $1.50 Fringe service charge and passes have a $3 Fringe service charge, this supports the festival
- No refunds. No exchanges. If you are unwell contact the box office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All shows start on time. Depending on the show, latecomers may not be seated.
- Masks are recommended
The Roxy Theatre (Fringe Venue 3)
2657 Quadra St,
Phone: (250) 383-2663