Invest In Live Theatre —
Be a part of the Intrepid Theatre family.
Rental Steps & FAQ
STEP ONE – Choose your Venue
- Visit our Venues, Rates & Fees and Availability Calendar pages to determine which venue and what dates would be the best fit for your event.
STEP TWO – Inquiry
- Fill out the booking request form.
STEP THREE – Confirm your Event
- A non-refundable rental deposit and signed agreement are required to confirm an event. The deposit and signed agreement must be returned before you can announce your event.
STEP FOUR – Production
For Metro events:
- We require a production meeting with our team a minimum of two months before your event, where we will determine a production schedule that adheres to our labour guidelines and best supports your production and where we will go over technical and safety requirements.
- An estimate for production labour can be provided after this meeting with our Production Manager. A deposit for production labour fees may be required at this time, as determined by Intrepid.
For Intrepid Studio events:
- We require you to communicate production requirements and details of the event no later than 4 weeks in advance of the rental in order to determine feasibility and approved execution. Any changes made to the Venue, and any item brought into the venue (ie: props, set, tables, etc.) must first be approved by Intrepid.
- Technical specifications for our venues can be found here. For production inquiries contact Owen Schellenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
STEP FIVE – Event Requirements & Payments
- A certificate of insurance, and, if applicable, a copy of liquor license and confirmation of Liquor Liability Insurance Coverage, are due 14 days before your event.
STEP SIX – Final Event Settlement
- At the conclusion of your event, a final settlement will be sent that details expenses. Any balance owing will be paid within fifteen days of receiving the invoice.
Frequently Asked Questions
A hold is an expression of interest in a specific date range for your event. You may place up to one hold per event. There is no obligation to confirm and no fee is charged for placing holds. Holds are valid until six months before the date on hold. If the hold has not been confirmed with a deposit by that date, the hold will then expire and be released for others to book.
Deposit is required to confirm your hold. The deposit is 50% of the rental rate and is non-refundable. The deposit must be paid before tickets go on sale and before the event is promoted publicly in any way (including social media, posters/flyers, email, etc.).
Yes, all rental rates are subject to 5% Goods & Services Tax (GST).
The Metro technicians are represented by IATSE 168 and so volunteers cannot displace the work of our paid technical staff. Our own Front of House staff is required for all rentals at The Metro. Our Production Manager is happy to have a conversations about how your volunteers or staff can intersect with our team.
For the Intrepid Studio, you’re welcome to use volunteers in any position.
A certificate of General Liability Insurance with a limit of not less than $2 million of coverage is mandatory and must be provided a minimum of 14 days prior to the event.
Any event that serves alcohol must have Liquor Liability Insurance. This can usually be added to your General Liability Coverage through your provider.
No, we will not. You are responsible for marketing and ticketing your event. You can choose any ticketing service or provider. We can provide advice, and can share your event on our website or include it in our newsletter (at our discretion).
Unfortunately, we are foremost a festival presenter and one-night rentals have shown to be very taxing on our small team. There may be some consideration available 2-to-3 months out from your intended date, but multi-day rentals are our priority at this time.
Don’t see your question here?